Important Spring Estates Auction
April 22 & 23, 2017
Featuring Important Vietnamese Paintings and Chinese Porcelain from a Garden District, New Orleans Estate • Chinese Furniture, Bronzes and Porcelain Descended in the New Orleans Family of U.S. WWI Navy Officer Edward Howe Watson and Hermine Gratz Watson, New York and Rhode Island.
- Walter Anderson (1903-1965), “Tropical Fish,” w/c, 8½ x 11 in.
- Chinese Blue and White Porcelain Vase, prob. 17th c., h. 11¼ in., Prov.: Watson Family, Newport, RI, by descent.
- William S. Robinson (1861-1945), “Biloxi - Miss,” 1938, o/board, 12 x 16 in.
- Le Pho (1907-2001), “Composition,” o/c, 35½ x 46 in., Prov.: Wally Findlay, NY, c. 1970.
- Italian Neoclassical Scagliola and Walnut Table, 19th c., “D. Magnani, 1827,” dia. 35 in.
- Le Pho (1907-2001), “Fleurs,” o/c, 29 x 21½ in., Prov.: Wally Findlay, NY, c. 1970.
- Louis XVI Lapis Inset Giltwood Table, 18th c., w. 44¾ in.
- (Detail) Italian Neoclassical Scagliola and Walnut Table, 19th c., “D. Magnani, 1827,” dia. 35 in.
- Louis XV Parcel Gilt and Painted Walnut Commode, 18th c., w. 48 in.
Featuring an Important Historic Estate Collection of Very Fine American Furniture and Decorative Arts • Furniture and Decorative Works from the Estates of Milburn and Nancy Calhoun, Pelican Publishing Company, New Orleans, LA • Selection of Haitian Art from the Angela Gross Collection, Bernardsville, NJ • Southern Silver from the Estates of William and Sarah McGehee, Dr. Dubs House, Natchez. • Property of Others.
- Superb American Classical Brass Inlaid and Ormolu-Mounted Marble and Rosewood Pier Table, early 19th c., attr. D. Phyfe, NY, w. 42¼ in.
- American Rococo Carved and Laminated Rosewood Méridienne, c. 1850-60, attr. “Bird Pattern” Maker, NY, w. 71½ in.
- Important American Rococo Carved and Laminated Rosewood Etagere, c. 1850-60, attr. J. H. Belter, NY, h. 88 in.
- Pr. George III Derbyshire Spar Blue John Candlesticks, h. 14½ in.
- Mitchell’s Universal Atlas, 1852, Phila., Thomas, Cowperthwait & Co., folio, 17 x 14 in.
- George III Twelve Inch Table Globe, c. 1800, “Cary’s New Terrestrial Globe,” stand, h. 24¾ in.
- Regency Marquetry Inlaid and Bronze-Mounted Rosewood Supper Table, c. 1800, dia. 48 in.
- Fine Italian Polychrome Painted Secretary Bookcase, 18th c., h. 96 in.
- Regency Carved Giltwood Girandole Mirror, early 19th c., 50 x 27 in.
- Very Rare American Rococo Carved and Laminated Rosewood Armchair, c. 1850-60, attr. J. H. Belter, NY, h. 47 in.
Ida Kohlmeyer (1912-1997), “Synthesis #40,” 1982, m.m./c, 45½ x 46½ in.
José Francisco Xavier de Salazar y Mendoza (c. 1750-1802), “Colonel Thomas Butler, Jr. (1747-1805)”, 1800, o/c, 40¼ x 30¼ in., Prov.: National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum, Oklahoma City, Sold to Benefit the Acquisitions Fund.
Dale William Nichols (1904-1995), “Country Church,” 1947, o/c, 30 x 40 in., Prov.: Sotheby’s, 1970; Zigler Art Museum, Jennings, LA.
Exceptional American Classical Ormolu-Mounted and Brass Inlaid Rosewood Pier Table, early 19th c., attr. D. Phyfe, NY, w. 42¼ in., Prov.: Ex Collection Myra and Zimri Ball, Newport, TN.
John McCrady (1911-1968), “Discussion,” o/c, 20 x 34 in., Prov.: Downtown Gallery, New Orleans, 1997.
Rare Pr. American Classical Carved Mahogany Chests of Drawers, early 19th c., Phila., w. 43½ in.
(Detail) George Elmer Browne (1871-1946), “Montrico in the Basque,” o/panel, 50¼ x 40¼ in., Prov.: Zigler Art Museum, Jennings, LA.
Andre Harvey (b. 1941), “Rain before Morning (Tree Frogs),” 1985, bronze, h. 15¼ in.
(Showing 1 of Pair) Continental Marble Figures of Creugas and Damoxenos after Canova, probably mid-20th c., h. 61 and 54½ in., Prov.: Didier Rabes, Paris, 1987.
Monumental American Renaissance Carved Walnut and Burl Walnut Bedstead, mid-19th c., h. 118 in.
NEAL AUCTION COMPANY
Auctioneers & Appraisers of Antiques & Fine Art
4038 Magazine Street, New Orleans, Louisiana | 504-899-5329 | email@example.com
The successful bidder agrees to pay a buyer’s premium in the amount of 25% of the hammer price on each lot up to and including $200,000, plus 10% of the hammer price greater than $200,000.
La. Auc. Lic. , Neal Auction Co. #AB-107, Alford #797, LeBlanc #1514